For Information on Leading with Pride 2016, please visit http://leadingwithpride.tumblr.com/
Who: LGBTQ Youth and Straight Ally Youth ages 13-24, and GSA advisors and adult allies
What: A conference (and dance) for LGBTQA youth to learn, network, and build community
Where: School Without Walls Senior High School
When: March 7, 2015, 11:00 am – 6:30 pm (after party until 8:30)
What is Leading With Pride?
Leading With Pride is a conference for LGBTQA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and ally) students and youth in the DC, MD, and VA area and Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) clubs and advisors.
How Much Does the Conference Cost?
It is FREE! Please feel free to contact us if you need help with transportation.
Sign Up Deadline:
We are accepting registrations until the day of the conference.
If you need to, you can also register at the conference as well, but we encourage you to register beforehand.
Who Usually Attends the Conference?
- LGBTQ Youth
- Ally Youth
- High school, and College students (and Middle school students who are 13+)
- GSA Advisors and Supportive Teachers and Staff
- GSA Leaders and Members (Come with your Club!)
What types of workshops are there?
Some of the topics covered in previous years and other conferences:
- Trans* Issues and Advocacy In Schools
- Safe Sex for LGBTQ Youth
- Making Consent Sexy
- How to Have a Kick A$$ GSA
- Youth Leadership Models for your GSA or Club
- Poetry for Activism
- Fight for Your Rights! Learning about LGBTQA Student Rights
- LGBTQ Youth and School Pushout
Also, there will be free and confidential HIV testing!
Is There an After Party?
Yes, there is a dance after the conference ends!